Sending an Order to the Kitchen
- Select the category you want to choose an item from.
- In this example, we have selected all the items from the Appetizers category.
- The added items will appear on the left.
- The amount to be paid will appear on the bottom left.
- To send an order to the kitchen, click Send at the bottom navigation bar.
- Once done, you will be redirected to the pre-configured screen and the items on the cart will be grayed out.
- To pay, simply select Cash or Card from the bottom navigation bar.
How to Use the Send/Stay Button?
For example, the guest has decided on Fried Mushroom, Fried Mozzarella, Onion Rings, and Basket Tots but he is still thinking about what he wants for drinks. So, instead of putting all the items on hold, you can click the Send/Stay button to send the selected items to the kitchen for preparation and keep adding more items.
The grayed items have been sent to the kitchen for cooking and the drinks are added in the same check as seen in the screenshot.
Once all the items are added, you can click the Send button at the bottom and take payment from the customer.
How to Use the Hold/New Button?
The Hold/New button closes the order screen but keeps the unsent items on that order open, for later use. It is useful when an order has been started at a table but is incomplete because the guest is running late. So, to remember the items ordered you can note them down on the cart and click the Hold/New button. Till the time rest of the guests arrive at that table, you can start taking orders from another table.
For example, guests have ordered the Onion Rings, Basket Tots and Basket Fries. They need more time to think about the next order because they are expecting one more guest to join.
So now, you can add the ordered items to the cart, and click Hold/New. This action won’t send the items to the kitchen and the ordered items will remain open in the cart. You can now move on to the next table and take orders and come back to this table when the awaited guest arrives.