Customizing the Service Area
Service area refers to various revenue centers in your business. Set up a floor plan with multiple service areas like Main Dining, Bar, Patio, etc. by replicating the floor plan on your POS. Here you can set tables and arrange the seating positions to streamline the ordering process.
To start a quick order, first tap on the Quick Order service area as seen in the screenshot. This service area allows you to take a quick order without asking for any customer details.
- To start a new order, tap , and start adding the items to the order.
Tap on the Main Dining tab at the bottom to open the main dining service area. This screenshot shows a Main Dining service area with a sitting plan replicating the actual floor plan of a random restaurant. You can customize the table with different shapes, color patterns and rename, delete or duplicate the table from the POS.
Below is a cutout of table similar to P1 and P2 as shown in the above illustration. The table in red means it is occupied and the green table symbolizes the table is vacant. Following is the detailed observation of the layout.
- The timer on top is in HH:MM format. This is the time the guests have spent at the table. In the above example, the guests have been at the table for the past 18 minutes.
- John D is the name of the employee serving the guests.
- 7 is the table number.
- The number 2 in the brackets ahead of John D is the number of guests at the table.
- The green table represents the order placed is partially paid, and some balance due is still remaining to be paid. All other details are the same as discussed above.
Starting a table at the bar is simple and even quicker. You just need to follow a few simple steps as shown below.
- The Credit Card option allows you to swipe and authenticate the customer’s card at the time of starting the order. The card will be authenticated with a penny transaction and adjusted at the time of final payment. You only need to swipe the card once to initiate the tab, the card is automatically charged once tapped on the ‘Credit Card’ option on the payment screen. The Manual tab option allows you to create a tab manually and process orders further.
To start a takeout order, first tap on the Takeout service area as seen in the screenshot. This service area lets you take the takeout orders without any hassle.
To start a Delivery order, first tap on the Delivery service area as seen in the screenshot. This service area provides you the ability to take delivery orders on the go.